Saturday, May 25, 2013

Made it to Los Angeles

It was a long 2 days, but I have arrived in Los Angeles. I cannot believe how big of an area the city covers. From Long Beach on, it was congested traffic and red lights. I wanted to follow the Pacific Coast Highway all the way north to Santa Monica, but I was too hot and tired to deal with the headache of the route. Instead, I headed straight north to my friends' house for the night.

I covered a little over 150 miles in the last two days. The bike is doing well, but my knees are in a bit of pain. I'm taking tomorrow off to rest and play around with my seat height. This is my first tour on this bicycle so I still have some kinks to iron out. 

Yesterday I cycled through Camp Pendelton. It was hard to figure out, but other cyclists at the south entrance said it was possible to ride on the shoulder of Interstate 5. I did just that, which felt strange despite the wide shoulder. A sign telling all cyclists to exit comforted me that I hadn't just broken a law. I camped out for the night in San Clemente State Park.

I'll update More tomorrow. I'm exhausted.

Kyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment